Friday, October 22, 2010

Back in the U.S.

10/16/10
Hallelujah!
~We have a WONDERFUL new staff member!
~All the sibs have all they need to start school!
~ My visa is FINALLY valid & up-to-date!!
~ Short-term mission teams are coming in!
~ My khmer is expanding & improving! It's muuuuch easier to talk to people about Jesus when you can say His name in their language! (In case you're wondering, His name is pronounced "yay-soo."
~ Little Adam is thriving!

Help!
~ Nasty, nasty water has been thigh high at the boys' house, including IN the house, for a couple of days. The storms are way-cool, but sometimes the results are not. On the bright side tho', they have been able to catch some small fish with their mosquito netting.
~ A friend's 20 month old son has some fairly serious heath problems & we haven't the resources available to help him. Good doctors are scarce & expensive here.
~ I'm a little nervous about running the place while Ruth's away the first two weeks of November.

Personal Notes:
~ Isaac Roe, I miss you only a LOT. I love you, Son.
~ Gena Taylor, you're on my mind.
~ Lucy Carr, thank you for checking on my husband. You're a blessing, Sister!
~ Lora Sherfey, I heard you're still planning on coming. WOOOO-HOOOOO!

A friend phoned in the middle of the night to tell me that I needed to get back to Indiana as soon as possible because my husband was having serious heart trouble. She said the doctor told her my husband was "gravely ill," & that his loved ones should be called bedside immediately. I was at his side in no time. Upon my arrival, my husband Dave's health greatly improved to the amazement of the family & friends who'd been hoping I'd make it in time to say goodbye.
Infection has apparently damaged Dave's heart. The doctors' plan is to discharge Dave from St. Vincent's Heart Center 21 October & continue antibiotic treatment out-patient at our local hospital for four weeks. Once the infection is cleared up, tests will be performed to determine the extent of the damage & arrangements made to repair it.

We are counting on Jesus to strengthen Dave's heart & the hearts of my siblings in Cambodia. They're very used to individuals & short-term mission teams visiting for a week or two, so have developed the ability to make quick & loose connections with people. They've learned to guard their hearts; this is normal for them, even the youngest of them. As I've said before, God's grace has given my sibs & me an unusual connection. There's been an imprinting between us. Our connection is strong & deep. They've let their guard down for their "real sister." Consequently, my departure was/is heartbreaking & worrisome for them.

I promised my sibs that I will "come back home" as soon as I can. I reassured them by purchasing a round trip ticket. God willing, I will be able to send them email while I'm here too. I can also send text messages to the house moms for the children to read & respond to. Nevertheless, this is a very difficult time for them. And me.

It was terribly, terribly hard for me to leave them. Partly because of what our separation is doing to them & partly because of what our separation is doing to me. I, too, have learned to guard my heart (I think we all have) & I, too, have let my guard down. Lord Jesus, please strengthen my heart too.

3 comments:

  1. Prayers for Mr W. And also for you and your sibs. :)

    ~Erica from Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying here too for you and Mr.W. Not sure if my first post went through or not, so posting again. Blogger is having a bit of trouble this morning.

    ReplyDelete