Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2/14/11

Thanks to a couple of generous donors I was able to bring some nice embroidery floss for the older girls to make some bracelets. I will be mailing or bringing the bracelets to the States to sell & the money will be donated to missionaries in Kyrgyzstan. How cool is that?

It's important that the children realize their world is not the world. Know what I mean? It's easy to get wrapped in the details of daily living & lose sight of the fact that there are people living & dying elsewhere. It's easy to get caught in personal needs & desires & neglect the needs of others. It's easy to get trapped in a me-centered lifestyle & totally miss out on a full life, real life.

Yes, they're poor orphans who have a hard way to go, but, hey, we all have challenges to overcome. Too much focus on self produces blindness. Like Kieth Green used to sing, "It's so hard to see when my eyes are on me." Yeah? We can only keep a proper perspective of our own lives as we keep the lives of others in view as well.

I am tickled pink to report that the girls are very interested in what's going on in Kyrgyzstan & what my friends, Jed & Renee Gourley, are doing there. They are thrilled to know that they are participating in the work. I, too, am thrilled.

Special Notes

2/14/11

PRAYER REQUESTS
~Please keep praying for those dear-to-Jesus souls who snatched my stuff last time I was here. You are most likely the only person praying for them today!

~The border battle is increasing in violence. Please pray for true peace to come to that area & for the mediation meetings with the UN.

~I need a boost as I am more homesick (especially for husband Dave) than I've ever been & it's a drain on my enthusiasm for the work.

1 comment: