Thursday, January 21, 2010

Interdependence

Fellowship, by definition, is active participation based on mutual interest. In regard to christian fellowship it means "sharing one another's joys & bearing one another's burdens." In other words, living interdependently. I thought I knew this facet of Christianity. I've been a grateful giver & a joyful receiver from the start. Nonetheless, I recently had to learn (by means of practice) that part of God's design for such fellowship includes asking of others when He desires to use them as vessels of His provision.

Case in point: God directed me to set up a blog for the purpose of communication with team members (eg. prayer supporters, encouragers, advisors, financial supporters, people who may be going to Cambodia with us at a later date) & made sure I had the perfect laptop to do so. He also brought forth a treasured sister to help manage the blog. I failed to reveal to "treasured sister" that I was having problems setting up & maintaining the blog. My concealment, I reasoned, was justified because I didn't want to burden her, she was too busy for this, I could figure it out on my own, if God wanted her to help He would've had her call me by now. I had several excuses, but not one reason for not calling for help. It wasn't until I was at my wits' end, totally frustrated, feeling very stupid & ready to give up that I learned I must be humble enough to ask for help. (Truth be told, I think God was jacking with the website to thwart my efforts. He's that loving, you know.)

The interdependence God desires of His people is designed to reflect the character of Jesus Christ.

If I'm really going to be like my Lord Jesus Christ, one thing I'm going to have to be is humble. Jesus is the epitomy of humility. God became a man. The King of the universe became a servant to the world. The Lion of Judah was made the Lamb of sacrifice. The Great Physician was the Broken Body. Life drank death to the dregs. The Greatest became the Least.

I'm certainly not perfected in this yet, but thru practice I am learning. If you can help, I'd sure appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment