Thursday, January 14, 2010

Introduction

By the grace of the one, true, living God, Isaac & I will be administering the love-power of Jesus Christ to lost & suffering souls in Cambodia February 8-22. This blog has been formed to record some of Christ's intentions toward & activity in Cambodia. It will also keep our supporters (& anyone else curious about Christ or Cambodia) informed of our adventure with Christ & our prayer needs while we're away.

Cambodia is a relatively small nation in Southeast Asia. At one time Cambodia was a country thriving in virtually every way-intellectually, physically, financially with peace on every side. Currently Cambodians are severely straitened in every way as a result of the Vietnam Conflict & the Khmer Rouge Reign which quickly followed. 650,000 tons of U.S. bombs were dropped on Cambodia destroying much of the lush farm ground. Millions of innocents were tortured & killed during the Khmer Rouge reign. The country still holds more unmarked, live landmines than the rest of the world combined. Their unstable government has provided very little help & the Buddhism popular there has certainly brought no relief either. Cambodia remains spiritually oppressed & physically distressed.

I found out about the situation in Cambodia firstly thru Isaac. He was there for a month last year as part of a Youth With A Mission team. My heart went out to these precious souls, but it wasn't until I began praying that God would make me more loving that my heart was truly set ablaze for this ministry. As I prayed, the faces in the photos Isaac brought back with him flooded my mind & again my heart went out to them. I asked God to clear away or clarify these images in my mind. Immediately the images became more vivid & my heart was overwhelmed with compassion for these lost & suffering souls. The infamous verse from Isaiah 6 played & replayed in my mind, "Whom shall I send & who will go for us?" Over the following few days God provided several confirmations of this call & my husband Dave & I began to prayerfully plan my trip.

We prayed, "God, this is Your idea, so we trust You to provide everything necessary to make it happen." He has done exactly that. God has provided financial support, material goods, & most importantly, prayer support from those who love Jesus & love us. More about God's provision in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment